Friday, August 17, 2012

Starting up my day spa with my 4 months old daughter

Starting up my business with my daughter.

I hate the idea of leaving my daughter with a family member to work for someone else. I believe the very first year of a baby's life is crucial to their success. It is a challenge because I am exclusively breastfeeding my daughter and she's a newborn. My life revolves around her schedule. 

As we are get along, you'll get to partake in my journey of starting my day spa business from scratch.
I took a six months coaching program with Irene Diamond during my pregnancy. I would be listening to Irene's recording, and my baby would kick and jump around with so much excitement. I believe coaching is absolutely necessary. I thought I could read all the books about massage, and set up my practice. I was so wrong! I believe someone with experience in the industry is the best investment ever. It saves you time, money, and heartache. I truly mean it when I say heartache because when I opened my office last year on January 1st 2011, I only had a few clients that would come back. I was also doing my internship at a nursing home full time, I was pregnant, and working as an IC at another spa on the weekend to help me sustain the business. I hated the idea of doing Groupon and living social. I did not want all that stress. 

There God gave me my heart's desire, but I was still sad. I was very sad because I was working very hard just to pay off my rent and my massage therapists. I knew I was good! The problem was Location...Most of my clients were tourists, so they were not rebooking. I only had a few that would rebook on a monthly basis, just a few like three. It was quiet an experience! I also felt so disorganized because I did not have any system in place. I would read books and articles, but then I would forget about them. Therefore it was not productive.

With the coaching program, you get the essential. You get to have a calling system, gift card system, marketing system. The system keeps everything organized in case someone has to step up for you. I have absolutely no regrets about that venture. By the way my daughter turns four months today. 

My princess is four months old today. She has given birth to my soul. I have never been so happy in my life. Annie, mommy loves you so much... It's indescribable! I have so many plans for you baby girl, for now, I will just cherish you as you grow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Very instructive & great post,
    Thanks for wonderful blog. Really found this information helpful.

    Massage Therapy Calgary

    ReplyDelete